8.12.11

december doldrums



Move away, and you start something--something no one back home ever thought of. But why do you have to go to do it? In our snow-covered prairie city we have all the opportunities we need.

Talk about getting caught up in the winter doldrums, I succumbed to extreme feelings of loneliness, boredom, and overall displeasure with la vie.

Today, I woke up (early), made a breakfast of toast with cucumber/mayo/cheese, almond milk, and raspberries. I'm trying to eat b a l a n ce d breakfasts. After yoga, I had coffee, OJ, and oven baked some potatoes with onions, garlic, and mushrooms. More coffee..a bit of studying, relax--and then back to work.

I certainly think yoga is the key to my self-happiness, or at least it opens the door to it. At my lowest time (around a year ago today) I began doing yoga and was feeling pretty on top of my game. I'm going to try and keep it up-going to once class a day or at least 5 classes a week. Hopefully then I'll be back to normal--or better than.

Exams, papers, and magazine contributions. This is going to be a busy month. Not to mention many friends return home from far away (both coasts). My mind will wander to Australia where my sister is. And also to where my Grandparents are.

I kind of just needed to do this to release, and get back on track.

Maybe one day I'll share some beauty in this blog, but for today my insights will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment