5.5.11

interview par/ avec moi



1. scotch moss & plant shopping
2. greenhouse roof
3. grandaddy outfit doing grandma things

Today (the most beautiful); is one to indulge in. Birds are chirping away. Lawnmowers can be heard from all angles of the ear, and I'm soaking up this May sun as if it's my last moment on earth. Isn't that how is should always be. Besides living luxirously in my back yard... I have spent many hours thinking about me. What I want in that big long damn thing called "life". To get to know myself better, and also for you/whoever clue into who this ramblin' woman reeeeeeally is, HERE I GO:


Who are you? rL or Louis-L?
Technically, neither. Really, my name is Riel, and my Last name is Lynch. Riel, after the pride of Mantioba; Louis Riel. That's me.

What do you do?
I don't have a profession, yet. Just your medial 21 year old; trickling between serving jobs, trips, and  dousing myself with peculiar university classes.  I write for Stylus Magazine, which is more so along the lines of what I want to do.

Who's your favorite author?
Right now I'm positively fixated on Saul Bellow. But there are  others who have been prevalent for longer. Such as Micheal Ondaatje, Jack Kerouac, Richard Bach. Poetry is a whole different story as well. Favourite poet is hands down Walt Whitman. If I never received "Leaves of Grass", as a gift, I don't think I would think the same way as I do now.  He opened my eye to exploration techniques both in writing styles and truly exploring the great outdoors.

Which movies do you adore?
Jules et Jim. The Heathers. That Hamilton Woman. Butterfield 8. The Bicycle Thief. Barry Lyndon (and anything Kubrick). Anything by Woody Allen. Up! (the pick-me-up movie) & anything with Zooey D. Recent additions: The Lives of Others, Water Lillies, The 400 blows. I haven't seen anything in theatre since the live feed of King Lear at the Donmar in London.

Music?
Whatever I'm in the mood for, really. Mostly classical composers like Boccherini, Mozart, Strauss Jr, Rossini, Debussy, Chopin, blaaaaaah blahini. Newer artists? Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, The Shangri-Las, The Rolling Stones, Jethro Tull. Even newer or local are ever changing and inconsistent.

Food for thought?
Juicy pear jelly bellies. Real juicy pears. Mangoes, avocados. French toast. Thai food. Pho.


There we are! That is all and enough.  I must go enjoy nature as I've grown bored with myself and being indoors on a laptop..

No comments:

Post a Comment